One Day Workshop for PEAP Authentication of Windows 7 Supplicant using a Cisco Switch as Authenticator and Windows 2008 R2 Server Training Course
This one day workshop covers the configuration and operation of the IEEE802.1x protocol in the authentication and authorisation of a wired Windows 7 supplicant. The authenticator is a Cisco Switch and the server is Windows NPS running on Windows 2008 R2 server, operating as a Certification Authority (CA). The EAP protocol is Protected EAP (PEAP) and a successful request will be allocated a VLAN on the switch via RADIUS attributes received from the server following successful authentication. The procedure for a wired supplicant is almost identical to that of a wireless supplicant.
Suitable for network planners, engineers or anyone interested in operation of PEAP with Cisco IOS Devices and NPS.
- Review the operation of IEEE802.1x process.
- Configure Cisco Switch to use IEEE802.1x and RADIUS.
- Configure Cisco Switch to authorise VLAN assignment via RADIUS attributes from server.
- Configure Windows 7 supplicant for dot1x authentication and install certificate from CA as a trusted computer certificate.
- Configure connection request and network policies on NPS to authenticate and to pass VLAN assignment to switch.
- Configure Windows users/groups on Windows 2008 R2 server to enable NPS authentication.
- Configure Windows 2008 R2 server as a DHCP server.
- Configure ip helper addresses and inter-VLAN routing on Cisco L3 switch.
- Test successful PEAP authentication and PING PCs in different VLANs.
Equipment used in Practical Sessions:
Cisco L2 and L3 switches running v12 of IOS. Windows 2008 R2 server running Network Policy Server (NPS).
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price