- Getting Started with ASP.NET MVC:NET MVC in context; What’s new in MVC 6; MVC project templates; Understanding the structure of an ASP.NET MVC project; Naming conventions; Creating views; Defining controllers; Defining a data model
- Creating a Complete ASP.NET MVC Application: Strongly-typed views; Razor syntax; Understanding URLs and action methods; MVC6 tag helpers; Form post-backs; Data validation
- Industrial-Strength ASP.NET MVC Applications:NET application architecture best practices; Implementing a repository and EF data model; ASP.NET Dependency Injection; Custom controller factories
- View Techniques: Defining custom tag helpers; Defining a layout page; Using styles; Defining and using partial views
- Implementing Navigation: Defining view-model classes; Implementing data filtering in a controller; Understanding the routing mechanism; Adding custom entries to a route table; Defining defaults, parameters, and validation; Generating URLs and hyperlinks; Custom route constraints
- State Management: Using hidden fields; Session and application state; Custom model bindings
- Creating RESTful Services using Web API: Overview of Web API; Building servers and clients; Content negotiation; Attribute routing; Custom model binding; Invoking RESTful services from Ajax clients
- Creating Single Page Applications: Overview of SPAs; Using GruntJS, NPM, and Bower support; Overview of AngularJS and Bootstrap
- 6 months experience of C# programming
- ASP.NET development experience is advantageous but not essential
The trainer focused on each persons requirements for the course and tuned the material to suit our goals.
I appreciated Folio's wide breadth of knowledge. Not only was he familiar with the course content, but he also knew of constructs in languages we were familiar with to make examples more meaningful to us. During intervals he shared his knowledge of technologies and solutions outside the training scope to provide insights into other solutions we could use in future (and future training).
Raphael Keymer - Markit Valuations Limited
I really enjoyed the practical exercises.
I genuinely enjoyed the workshop approach Tasks.
I mostly was benefit from the trainer knowledge :).
I generally enjoyed the many useful and practical examples.
I mostly liked the trainer knowledge and approach.
Brian was great.
The atmosphere was easy going and Brian helped us understand with real life examples making it more comprehensive and tangible.
it was at a comfortable pace, so you didn't get left behind
George Pearce - Kostal UK
Good explanations during the teaching sessions.
- Kostal UK
venue was nice, people running the venue were nice. the trainer was a genuine good guy.
Aiden Litchfield - Kostal UK
- Kostal UK