- Minimal elements of toolchain - Types of toolchain - Types of C libraries for toolchain - Criteria for selecting toolchain
- Toolchain examples - Installing a toolchain - Adding libraries to toolchain
- Lab 1
- Create a Bare metal application [intact with UART]
- What is boot loader - Pre-boot loader - Loading the kernel - Boot loader-kernel ABI – ATAGS and FDT
- Examples of boot loaders - U-Boot command line - U-Boot environment - Automating boot – bootcmd
- Lab 2
- Build and running Uboot on RP2
- Kernel vs User space - Kernel version numbers - Bug fix releases - Board support packages -Levels of board support
- Board support - Kernel modules - Kernel configuration - Building the kernel - Kernel command line
- Lab 3
- Building and running Linux on RP2
- What is user space - The root file system (rootfs) - Other options for a rootfs - Busybox and examples
- init: Busybox init and System V init - System V inittab - Device nodes: /dev - The rootfs during development
- The rootfs in production
- Dealing with gpio - Portable computer- Ssh - VNC - telnet -Tftp - SCP - Raspberry Pi Digital Picture Frame
How smoothly the information went, everything was connected together
Ali Aljneibi, beamtrail
The content. This was very new for me so learned a lot.
Juan Castro - iVolve
I thought the content (both theory and practical) was excellent, and exactly what we were wanting/expecting. The exercises were challenging but achievable.
Mike Kleinau - iVolve
Linux debugging through Visual studio
I think the best of all training was that it learned where, and how to find information about linux, with some basic principles explanation. It is great knowledge how to find required info on my own.
Katarzyna Markowska, Viessmann Technika Grzewcza Sp. z o.o.
The knowledge of the trainer. He was able to answer all of my questions, even questions about our platform. He also continued to help until we all understood the material.
James O'Donnell - Tennant Company
Good overview of how to build a kernel for Linux, would have liked to get more into the driver development
Take the first contact with embedded linux kernel
The hands on nature of it
Working with hardware, set up system, very well done presentation
ATM53 ŁUKASZ MICHAŁEK; Alten Polska Sp. z o.o.; ABB Power Grids Poland Sp. z o.o.
I found the training very demanding.