- OpenWhisk as an open-source alternative to AWS Lambda.
Overview of the OpenWhisk Programming Model
Overview of Underlying Technologies in OpenWhisk
- CouchDB, Kafka, Ngnix, Redis, Zookeeper
Setting up the Development Environment
Installing and Configuring OpenWhisk
Installing and Configuring Serverless Framework (optional)
Writing an Action (Function)
- Namespacing, System Limits, Web Actions, Action Processing
Creating, Triggers, and Rules
Uploading an Event Handler to a OpenWhisk
Registering the Handler to Respond to Events
Access Event and Feed Sources
Consuming an Action via a REST API
Consuming an Action via a Message Bus (Kafka, Kinesis, Nats, SQS, etc.).
Using and Creating Packages
Composing and Invoking a Sequence of Multiple Actions
Browsing the Catalog
Testing and Debugging the Action
Deploying an Action with the OpenWhisk CLI
Deploying an Action with Serverless Framework
Monitoring an Action with Prometheus
Using the OpenWhisk Mobile SDK
Summary and Conclusion
- Experience with the Linux command line.
- Application programming experience in any of the languages supported by OpenWhisk.
- A general familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker.