Understanding Basic ROS Concepts
- Overview of the ROS Architecture and Philosophy
- Setting Up the ROS Workspace Environment
- ROS Master, Nodes, Topics, and Messages
- Using Console Commands
- Working with the Catkin Build System
- The ROS Launch File
- 3D Visualization and User Interaction with the Gazebo Simulator
Creating Your First ROS Program
- Creating a ROS Package
- Setting Up a ROS Project in Eclipse
- Using the ROS C++ Client Library
- Writing a Simple ROS Subscriber and Publisher
- Storing and Retrieving Parameters Using the ROS Parameter Server
- Using RViz for ROS 3D Visualization
Utilizing the TF Transformation System on ROS
Working with the rqt User Interface
Exploring Robot Models on ROS
The Simulation Description Format (SDF)
Deploying ROS Services
Implementing ROS Actions
Using Simulated Time on ROS
Storing Message Data in ROS Bags
Regression Testing with Realistic Scenarios
Applying Different Debugging Strategies in ROS
Exploring Complex Real-World Applications for ROS
Next Steps Towards Creating Your First ROS Project
- An understanding of basic robotics concepts.
- Basic programming experience.
- Robotics Enthusiasts
- Engineers and Technicians
I feel I get the core skills I need to understand how the ROS fits together, and how to structure projects in it.
Dan Goldsmith - Coventry University
The use of VM
The trainer's knowledge was clearly very good and when you specifically asked for help he was very helpful.
It was very useful and the practical tasks really helped.