Short introduction to rule engines
- Short history or Expert Systems and Rules Engine
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Forward vs Backward chaining
- Declarative vs procedure/oop
- Comparison of solutions
- When to use rule engines?
- When not to use rule engines?
- Alternatives to rule engines
- Declarative vs Traditional Fact Model
- Executing simple rules with simple tests
- Authoring Assets
- Decision tables
- Rule Templates
- Guided rule editor
- Testing, limits and benefits
- Developing simple process with rules
Writing rules in Eclipse
- Stateless vs Stateful sessions
- Selecting proper facts
- Basic operators and Drools specific operators)
- Basic accumulate functions (sum, max, etc...)
- Intermediate calculations
- Inserting new facts
- Exercises (lots of them)
Ordering rules with BPMN
- Ruleflow vs BPMN 2.0
- Executing ruleset from a process
- Rules vs gateways
- Short overview of BPMN 2.0 features (transactions, exception handling)
- Comprehensive declarative business logic in Drools
Domain Specific Languages (DSL)
- Creating new languages
- Preparing DSL to be used by manages
- Basic Natural Language Processing (NLP) with DSL
- Strategies for writing DSL from rules
- Strategies for writing rules from DSL written by analysts
- Test strategies (test per case or per rule)
- Executing test automatically
Though not required, programming skills in any language strongly recommended (SQL, Java, C#, VBA, etc...)
The instructor was EXTREMELY knowledgeable and had very good interaction with the class. I'm glad he was able to see our screens and give us help when needed.
- Sandia National Labs
Exercises and solving problems in groups when the problems were more difficult.
Randy Comer Comer - Sandia National Labs
I loved that he was able to see our machines to help us when we got stuck.
Megan Burns - Sandia National Labs
Filip was kind and patient and was generally responsive about questions and help.
- Sandia National Labs
HTTP Web Server (Nginx, Apache, JBoss)28 hours
Business Rule Management (BRMS) with Drools7 hours
This course is aimed at enterprise architects, business and system analysts and managers who want to apply business rules to their solution. With Drools, you can write your business rules using almost natural language, therefore reducing the gap
Introduction to Drools 6 for Developers21 hours
This 3 days course is aimed to introduce Drools 6 to developers. This course doesn't cover drools integration, performance or any other complex topics.
Introduction to Drools 7 for Developers21 hours
This 3 days course is aimed to introduce Drools 7 to developers.This course doesn't cover drools integration, performance or any other complex topics.
Drools 6 and DSL for Business Analysts21 hours
This 3 days course is aimed to introduce Drools 6 to Business Analysts responsible for writing tests and rules. This course focuses on creating pure logic. Analysts after this course can writing tests and logic which then can be further
Drools Rules Administration21 hours
This course has been prepared for people who are involved in administering corporate knowledge assets (rules, process) like system administrators, system integrators, application server administrators, etc... We are using the newest stable community
Infinispan is a distributed cache and key-value NoSQL data store software developed by Red Hat.
Enterprise Java Programming with Java EE and JBoss (EJB 3.0)28 hours
This 4-day course is for programmers who already know the Java language and wish to exploit the Enterprise Java Beans 2.0 technology while becoming aware of the security implications of distributing applications. This course has a large practical
JBoss Application Server (JBoss AS) is an open-source, Java application server developed by JBoss, a division of Red Hat Inc.
Undertow: Embed a Web Server into Your Application7 hours
Undertow is a lightweight web server written in Java. It is used by JBoss's WilfFly internally and is popular as an embedded web server for JVM-based applications. In this course, participants will learn how to set up an Undertow web server
WildFly Server Administration14 hours
This course is created for Administrators, Developers or anyone who is interested in managing WildFly Application Server (AKA JBoss Application Server). This course usually runs on the newest version of the Application Server, but it can be