14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- A mobile device.
- Ability to run Google Chrome on mobile device.
- Web developers
- App developers
A Progressive Web App (PWA) is a web application that performs like a native mobile app. A Progressive Web App can be deployed as a regular website as well as a Native app on an app store.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants will learn how to develop their first Progressive Web App as they step through a series of hands-on exercises culminating in the creation and deployment of a functional PWA.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Convergence of web and mobile
Reasons for Developing Progressive Web Apps
- speed and performance (compared to websites)
- offline capabilities
- push notifications
- improved bounce rates
- app-like feel and functionality
- bypassing of App Stores
Enabling Your Website
- secure HTTPS connection
- JSON Manifest
- Service Worker
Building Your First Progressive Web App (PWA)
Using Service Workers to Enable Your App to Work Offline
- Caching data
- Serving push notifications
- Updating content
- Data manipulation
Event Listeners and Commands
- Customizing responses to network requests depending on whether online/offline status
- Data persistence and messaging
- Accessing Cache API, Fetch API, IndexedDB API, postMessage(), etc.
- Increasing user engagement through Notification API
Using Cached Assets in Your Application
Configuring Web App Manifest
- Adding the app to the Home Screen
Application Shell Architecture
Troubleshooting the PWA
Deploying the PWA to an App Store
Summary and Conclusion
Antonio gave is much background information, best practices and showed us useful tools to speed up our development process.
Course:Cross-platform mobile development with PhoneGap/Apache Cordova