21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- An understanding of Dot Net basics
- Software Testers
MSTest, xUnit, and nUnit are unit testing frameworks. MSTest is known for its integration-testing and its the official unit testing framework created by Microsoft. nUnit is attributed to Dot Net unit testing. xUnit is specialized in 32-bit and 64-bit processing and is another framework attributed to Dot Net.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at software tester who wish to unit test code functionality using MSTest, xUnit, and nUnit.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Create unit tests using MSTest to test software applications.
- Display test results with CodeLens.
- Understand the different testing tools for Test-Driven Development.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Unit Testing Frameworks
- What are unit tests?
- The fundamentals of a unit testing framework
- Refactoring overview
- The different approaches to testing
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring Visual Studio Code
- Installing and configuring .Net
- Installing and configuring nUnit
Writing a Unit Testing Framework
- Creating a test
- Applying more tests
- Refactoring the test runner
- Working with the assert class
- Reflecting to call methods
- Using a naming convention
Visual Studio Code Integration
- Creating a project with templates
- Creating a project with a unit testing framework
- Running the test
- Optimizing code
- Testing parameters
- Writing and running a test unit
- Using constraints
- Testing parameters
- Writing and running a unit test
- Testing parameters with InLine
- Testing multiple parameters
- Using a custom class member
- Grouping tests
- Working with test attributes
- Customizing with playlists
- Debugging tests
- Using test menus
- Viewing results with CodeLens
- Using Code Coverage
- Running tests with MSTest
Summary and Conclusion
I like that it was one-to-one training and it was organized really well.
Dornier MedTech Systems GmbH