Module 1: Overview of Desktop and Application Virtualization
This module explains virtualization technologies that they can use to meet the needs of your organization. Which technologies are relevant to their organization will vary with their needs. To use these virtualization technologies properly in the student's organization, they will need to understand which technologies are available and when to use them.
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Usage Scenarios for Virtualization
- Considerations for Implementing Virtualization
Module 2: Planning and Implementing User State VirtualizationThis module explains user state virtualization, and which technologies are part of it and what are benefits of user state virtualization. They will also be able to plan and implement user state virtualization technologies.Lessons
- Understanding and Planning for User State Virtualization
- Configuring Roaming User Profiles and Folder Redirection
- Configuring UE-V
Module 3: Planning and Implementing App-V
This module explains application virtualization and describes App-V components. This module also describes App-V infrastructure, deployment scenarios, and procedures for installing and configuring Microsoft Server Application Virtualization agents (App-V agents).
- Overview of Application Virtualization
- App-V Architecture
- Planning App-V Infrastructure
- Deploying App-V Infrastructure
Module 4: Managing and Administering Application Virtualization
This module provides an overview of the App-V Management Console and the permissions that users must have to administer an App-V Management Server. The module also covers the steps you must take to perform these administrative tasks and how to manage packages and connection groups.
- Managing and Administering App-V
- Modifying Published Application and Configuration Upgrades
- Implementing App-V Reporting
Module 5: Planning and Deploying App-V Clients
This module explains the recommendations for deploying and managing the App-V Client. This module also provides students with an overview of the App-V Desktop Client, App-V Remote Desktop Client, and the several installation methods for each.
- Overview of the App-V Client
- Installing and Configuring the App-V Client
- Managing App-V Client Properties
Module 6: Application Sequencing
This module explains how to install and configure the App-V Sequencer to create application packages.
- Overview of Application Sequencing
- Planning for Application Sequencing
- Sequencing an Application
- Advanced Application Sequencing
Module 7: Configuring Client Hyper-V
This module explains Client Hyper-V in Windows 8.1 and explain the fundamentals of working with virtual machines (VMs) in a Client Hyper-V environment. You should be aware that all the features that are covered in this module are also available in Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Overview of Client Hyper-V
- Creating VMs
- Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Managing Checkpoints
Module 8: Planning and Deploying Session-Based Virtual DesktopsThis module explains how to plan for session-based desktop deployment of Remote Desktop Services (RDS). They will also learn to perform session-based desktop deployment.Lessons
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services
- Planning an Infrastructure for Session-Based Desktop Deployments
- Deploying Session-Based Desktops
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services High Availability
Module 9: Configuring and Managing RemoteApp ProgramsThis module explains how to publish and work with RemoteApp programs.Lessons
- Publishing and Configuring RemoteApp Programs
- Working with RemoteApp Programs
Module 10: Planning Personal and Pooled Virtual DesktopsThis module explains how to plan the implementation of pooled and personal desktops.Lessons
- Overview of Personal and Pooled Virtual Desktops
- Planning and Optimizing Virtual Desktop Templates
Module 11: Planning and Implementing Infrastructures for Personal and Pooled Virtual DesktopsThis module explains how to implement and manage pooled and personal desktops.Lessons
- Planning Storage for Personal and Pooled Virtual Desktops
- Capacity Planning for Personal and Pooled Virtual Desktops
- Implementing Personal and Pooled Virtual Desktops
- Implementing RemoteApp for Hyper-V
Module 12: Implementing Remote Access for Remote Desktop Services
This module explains how to plan and implement RD Gateway.
- Extending Remote Desktop Services Outside the Organization
- Controlling RD Gateway Access
Module 13: Performance and Health Monitoring of VDIThis module explains how to monitor the performance of virtual desktop infrastructure to ensure performance.Lessons
- Overview of Monitoring Desktop and Application Virtualization
- Monitoring a Desktop Virtualization Infrastructure
Ismaeil Alblooshi - Ajman Municipality
The environment is very very good
Patrick Mutuma - Dimension Data
Open Discussions with the trainer and his best ways to capture the class and make each and everyone on the same chapter.
JUMA MWALIMU SHEKUWE, TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY
The teaching style was very good.