Module 1: Installing, upgrading, and migrating servers and workloads
- Introducing Windows Server 2016
- Preparing and installing Server Core
- Preparing for upgrades and migrations
- Migrating server roles and workloads
- Windows Server activation models
Module 2: Configuring local storage
- Managing disks in Windows Server
- Managing volumes in Windows Server
Module 3: Implementing enterprise storage solutions
- Overview of DAS, NAS, and SANs
- Comparing Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Understanding iSNS, DCB, and MPIO
- Configuring sharing in Windows Server 2016
Module 4: Implementing Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication
- Implementing Storage Spaces
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Implementing Data Deduplication
Module 5: Installing and configuring Hyper-V and virtual machines
- Overview of Hyper-V
- Installing Hyper-V
- Configuring storage on Hyper-V host servers
- Configuring networking on Hyper-V host servers
- Configuring Hyper-V virtual machines
- Managing virtual machines
Module 6: Deploying and managing Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Overview of containers in Windows Server 2016
- Deploying Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Installing, configuring, and managing containers by using Docker
Module 7: Overview of high availability and disaster recovery
- Defining levels of availability
- Planning high availability and disaster recovery solutions with Hyper-V virtual machines
- Backing up and restoring by using Windows Server Backup
- High availability with failover clustering in Windows Server 2016
Module 8: Implementing failover clustering
- Planning a failover cluster
- Creating and configuring a new failover cluster
- Maintaining a failover cluster
- Troubleshooting a failover cluster
- Implementing site high availability with stretch clustering
Module 9: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Overview of the integration of Hyper-V Server 2016 with failover clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V VMs on failover clusters
- Key features for VMs in a clustered environment
Module 10: Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB cluster
- Planning an NLB implementation
Module 11: Creating and managing deployment images
- Introduction to deployment images
- Creating and managing deployment images by using MDT
- Virtual machine environments for different workloads
Module 12: Managing, monitoring, and maintaining virtual machine installations
- WSUS overview and deployment options
- Update management process with WSUS
- Overview of Windows PowerShell DSC
- Overview of Windows Server 2016 monitoring tools
- Using Performance Monitor
- Monitoring event logs
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience, such as experience as a Windows Server systems administrator.
This course is intended for IT professionals who have some experience working with Windows Server, and who are looking for a single five-day course that covers storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016. This course will help them update their knowledge and skills related to storage and compute for Windows Server 2016.
Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies, and who want to learn more about the storage and compute features in Windows Server 2016.
- IT professionals with general IT knowledge who are looking to gain knowledge about Windows Server especially around storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals looking to take the Microsoft 70-740 certification exam, Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016.
Job role: Administrator
Preparation for exam: 70-740
wykład i ćwiczenia
Łukasz Witos, Tauron
Duża wiedza trenera i ciekawie prowadzone zajęcia
Łukasz Witos, Tauron
Interactivity, the trainer was willing to help and explain in areas that were difficult. I felt like the training was really useful for me
Lewis Johnson - Allison Christie , Swift Group Ltd
Willingness to answer questions. The amount of information provided and the trainers knowledge
Allison Christie , Swift Group Ltd
The environment is very very good
Patrick Mutuma - Dimension Data
Open Discussions with the trainer and his best ways to capture the class and make each and everyone on the same chapter.
JUMA MWALIMU SHEKUWE, TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY
The teaching style was very good.