14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Programming experience in any language.
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at developers who wish to use Knative to deploy serverless, event-driven functions, applications, and containers in a simplified and consistent manner.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Knative on-premise.
- Deploy and run serverless functions and applications that autoscale.
- Integrate Knative with continuous integration systems to enable an end-to-end development workflow.
- Simplify the overhead of deploying containers; focus on writing great code.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This course is aimed at on-promise installations of Knative. To use a Knative service provided by a cloud providers, contact us to arrange.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Knative, please visit: https://cloud.google.com/knative/
- How Knative extends Kubernetes
Knative On-Premise Installation and Configuration
Overview of Knative Design and Architecture
Example of Existing Knative Based Applications
Overview of Serverless Computing and Functions-as-a-Service (FaaS)
Overview of Knative Components: Build, Eventing, Serving
Building Containers from Source Code
Consuming and Producing Events
Deploying Request-Driven, Serverless Workloads
Binding Functions with Events from Third-Party Message Brokers
Packaging Functions into an Application
Monitoring an Application
Debugging an Application
Optimizing Application Performance
Integrating Knative with Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) Tools.
Summary and Conclusion