Understanding Ourselves and Others
- Understanding that when we ask others to attend a meeting we are imposing upon them our list of priorities
- What makes us behave the way we do?
- Are we aware how our behaviour affects others: do they always respond in the way we want them to and in the way that they should? If not, why not…?
The Process for Managing Meetings
- Why is a meeting necessary; what are the alternatives; are any of the alternatives preferable?
- The process for calling, managing and preparing for meetings:
- Creating a meaningful agenda covering the objectives for the meeting, the subject(s) to be covered and suggested timings
- Inviting only the right people – and nobody else
- Managing the meeting: allowing only relevant contributions (but being careful to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant); keeping to the agenda; keeping to time
- Creating outputs: not necessarily detailed minutes but, at least, actions points
- Arranging follow-up meeting(s)
- Do I need to attend all the meetings to which I am invited?
- How do I decide whether (or not) to attend meetings?
- What justifications do I have for declining to attend?
- What else am I allowed to do during a meeting related to attendees, subject matter being discussed and timings?
Other Personal Efficiency and Time Management Issues
- Setting Objectives – personal and professional – and keeping to them
- Work Prioritisation
- How do I decide what needs to be done?
- How do I prioritise these activities?
- Employee-Imposed Time: are my staff and colleagues working for me or am I working for them…?
- Time Bandits: what else steals time away from me and what can I do about it?
- Telephone calls
- Unplanned interruptions
- Displacement activities: procrastination…
- Other things…
- Effective Delegation
- Assertiveness: seeking a compromise; learning to say “no” effectively
Interactive and well organized
Georgina - Thales Group
Course - Communicate With Impact
The excercises were really fun
Jakub - AXA XL
Course - Business Communication Skills
All interaction between Elodie and us . Good ratio theory/practice.
Hayere Nathalie - Axway
Course - Communicating and Influencing For Team Members
Would like to thank Trainer Abhi for this fruitful training. Appreciate him trying to get to know all the attendees so he can better cater the training to our needs. Love how there was a balance of theory and activities that keep us engaged. And how contents were straight to the point and concise.
Rainey Clarecia - Talentvis
Course - Communicating and Influencing - For Managers and Team Leaders
The flexibility of the trainer to adjust the topics according to my profile.
Carlos - Magotteaux International SA
Course - Efektywna komunikacja interpersonalna i rozwiązywanie konfliktów
As it was a 1:1, the personalization of the content.
Patricia - Embraer
Course - Influencing and Avoiding Conflict
The trainer was making sure that everyone understood everything