Thank you for sending your enquiry! One of our team member will contact you shortly.
Thank you for sending your booking! One of our team member will contact you shortly.
Part I. Squeeze more from Excel
Overview of tools on the Data tab
- Access to external data - do you really need to visit the bank's website every day to get to know the current exchange rate CHF?
- Defining connections to external data (Access, Web, Text, XML, ...)
- Sorting multi-level - the rules and the proper sorting options
- Efficient Advanced filtering - how to create Strainers having access to the filter criteria
- Fast text-to-column
- Delete duplicate data
- Forcing input the correct data - how to ensure that data were specific format
- Simulation Analysis - how to prepare a professional presentation of possible scenarios
- Simulation Analysis - how to estimate the result of the formula
- Grouping and autokonspekty - how to roll up the rows and columns and show different levels of detail
PivotTable and PivotChart
- Calculated fields - how to add to the PivotTable field that is not on the sheet
- Computational elements in the table
- Grouping data and create professional-looking statements
Part II. Automation ie VBA.
- Recording and editing macros: Silence on the set - is recording
- Where to store macros - where best to write macros
Introduction to procedural programming - the necessary basis
- Sub and Function - how to invoke them and what they are
- Data Types - what variables are needed and whether it is worth it to declare
- The conditional statement If ... Then .... ElseIf .... Else .... End If
- Case statement and the accompanying trap
- Loop for ... next, loop ... each
- Loops for ... loop while, until
- Instructions loop break (exit)
Visual Basic in action
- Download and upload data to a spreadsheet (Cells, Range)
- Download and upload data to the user (InputBox, MsgBox)
- The extent and lifetime of variables
- Operators and their priorities
- Useful module options
- Securing code - code protection from tampering and preview
- Key Excel objects: Application, Workbook, Workbooks, Worksheet, Worksheets,
- ThisWorkbook, ActiveWorkbook, ActiveCell, Selection, Range, Cells, ...
- Immediate window
- Locals window
- The processing step - but what to do when something has stopped working
- Call Stack
- Types of errors and ways to avoid
- Capturing and handling run-time errors, which is why properly written code can sometimes not work
- Construction: On Error Resume Next, On Error GoTo label, On Error GoTo 0
At least average knowledge of MS Excel.
The training contained a lot of interesting and well-chosen examples for practical use.
Practical exercises, discovering new excel possibilities
Gaining new skills in Excel and learning the VBA language which I hope will help me in my future work.
VBA For Access & Excel
Excel Advanced with VBA
Analysing Financial Data in Excel
Excel For Statistical Data Analysis