What is the GDPR
- What is personal data / sensitive data
- Picking your team
- Understanding GDPR terms
- Privacy by design and privacy by default
Appointing a team
- Choosing the people to help with GDPR (legal, marketing, IT, hr)
- What is a DPO and do you need one
- Determine if its personal datata
- Who can access data
- How and where data is stored i.e. electronically or paper-based
- Securing data
Rights and obligations
- Data Subjects and their rights
- Controller’s obligations
- Processor’s obligations
- Dealing with data requests
- International data transfers
- What is a data breach
- Fines and penalties
- Third-party services
- Internatinal data transfers
Developing policies and procedures (legal issues)
- Document legal basis for having the data
- Establish codes of conduct for collecting and handling data
- Examine outside third-party contracts with other suppliers
- Updating data – you need to ensure data you hold is updated
- Update privacy notices and procedures as GDPR changes
- Update contracts as needed.
There are no specific requirements needed to attend this course.
The variety of the information shared and the clarity to explain terms in plain English.
Arisbe Mendoza - Fairtrade International
The training was very informative and relevant to the realities of what we are dealing with. It was very eye-opening to understand how to deal with data of UE residents. The trainer was very informed and prepared on the subject.
Isaac Rewa - Fairtrade International
The preparation and knowledge of the trainer.
Knowledge of the trainer.
Calm, thoughtful and structured way of conducting. The instructor's English is very good. The trainer was very well prepared substantively.