Module 1: Principles of Active Directory
This module lays the fundamental groundwork for understanding all major principles of active directory from management and design to integrating with other forests and the cloud. All of the foundational terminology and standards used in Active Directory are clearly defined and explained.
- Development of Active Directory
- What is X.500
- Active Directory Architecture
- NTLM and Kerberos
- Managing operating systems with GPOs, Workplace Join and InTune
- Active Directory Groups: Domain Local, Global and Universal
- Using and Managing Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Forest and Domain Functional Levels
- Introduction to Active Directory Partitions and the Global Catalog
- Basic Forest Structure and Design
- Basic Domain Structure and Design
- Basic OU Structure and Design
- Describe the key features and editions of Active Directory
- Understand all of the principle components of Active Directory including Sites, Domains, OUs and their use.
- Describe the authentication mechanisms used by Active Directory and how they are implemented.
- Understand the common design scenarios used when implementing Active Directory.
- Describe the techniques used by Active Directory to manage computers and network resources.
Module 2: Fundamentals of WAN management with Active Directory
This module explains how to use the wide area networking features of Active Directory such as Active Directory Sites and Site Link Objects to control and manage replication, login traffic and site aware applications.
- Understanding AD Sites and WAN Traffic Management
- Basic AD Sites and Logon Traff
- Introduction to AD Sites and Replication Traffic
- Bridgehead Servers and Site Link Objects
- Site Aware Applications
- Describe the key features, in Active Directory used to manage WAN logon and replication traffic.
- Understand the function of the Knowledge Consistency Checker and the Inter-Site Topology Generator.
- Fundamentals of WAN design with Active Directory.
- Resolve common WAN traffic issues.
Module 3: Introduction to Active Directory Group Policy Object
This module explains Active Directory Group Policy, how it functions, how it is used and the fundamental features and limitations. Students will understand all major features of GPOs and how they can be effectively implemented to avoid common issues.
- Introduction to Group Policy
- Administrative Templates
- Fundamental Concepts of GPO Scripts
- Introduction to Creating and Using GPOs
- Principles of Managing Multiple GPOs
- Block, Enforce and Inheritance
- GPOs and Active Directory Versions
- Introduction to Controlling and Installing Software with GPOs, SRP and App Locker
- Describe the key features, editions, and hardware requirements Active Directory Group Policy.
- Principles of managing multiple GPOs and inheritance.
- Upgrade and Migrate to new Administrative Templates.
- Understand Block, Enforce, GPO scripts and container linking.
- Introduction to software installation with GPOs and application control.
- Resolve common issues
Module 4: Principles of Active Directory Integration
This module explains how Active Directory can be integrated and used with other Active Directory Forests, X.500 Realms, LDAP services and Cloud services.
- Active Directory and “The Cloud”
- User Principle Names, Authentication and Active Directory Federated Services
- Active Directory and “The Cloud”
Lab : What version of Active Directory are you running?
- Determine server operating system version of a Domain Controller
- Determine Domain Functional Level
- Determine Forest Functional Level
- Raise Domain and Forest Functional Level
- Create a logical Active Directory Diagram
Lab : Authenticate with a UPN logon
- Authenticate and login using both Pre-Windows 2000 and User Principle Name login methods.
- Understand the use and limitations of Active Directory authentication methods.
Lab : Explore Active Directory Objects and Utilities
- Explore and use the Active Directory Users and Computers Utility
- Create OU containers, users and delegate rights and permissions
- Explore the Active Directory Administrative Center.
- Understand common issues.
Lab : Explore the default GPO configuration
- Explore and use the Group Policy Management Editor
- Explore and understand the settings in the default Active Directory GPOs
Lab : Make your own GPO
- Create a new Group Policy Object using the Group Policy Management Editor
- Apply and test application of the new GPO
- Describe the key features of Active Directory that can be used for extra WAN resource sharing
- Understand the term Cloud and the advantage of Cloud services.
- Understand the principles of Authentication outside of an Active Directory Forest.
- Describe the role of Kerberos, Single Sign On and User Principle Names.
- Experience and use the principle Active Directory management tools described in the course.
- Create, edit and apply a Group Policy Object.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Basic Windows knowledge.
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization
Cloud & Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager (10964-C)35 hours
About This Course This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following: • How to architect and implement a
Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10 (10982EC)35 hours
About This Course This is a 5-day ILT course that is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. These skills include
Virtualizing Enterprise Desktops and Apps (20694BC)35 hours
About This Course This five-day, hands-on training course is designed to teach you the breadth of Microsoft virtual desktop technology, and the course will compare and contrast the various technologies with use cases and best practices. This
Partner Applied Workshop: What's New in Windows 10 (40332AC)7 hours
About This Course This Microsoft Partner Applied Workshop introduces IT Professionals to the new features and capabilities of Windows 10. The workshop combines video, and uses the Enterprise Edition of Windows 10
Windows 10 (MD-100T00)35 hours
About This Course In this course, students will learn how to support and configure Windows 10 desktops in an organizational environment. Students will develop skills that include learning how to install, customize, and update Windows 10 operating
Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (authorized training course MS 20740)35 hours
This five-day course is designed primarily for IT professionals who have some experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing storage and compute by using Windows Server 2016, and who need to
Networking with Windows Server 2016 (authorized training course MS 20741)35 hours
This 5-day classroom-based course provides the fundamental networking skills required to deploy and support Windows Server 2016 in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including
Identity with Windows Server 2016 (authorized training course MS 20742)35 hours
This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and
Windows Server 2019 Administration (authorized training course WS 011T00)35 hours
This five-day instructor-led course is designed primarily for IT professionals who have some experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing identity, networking, storage and compute by using
Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016 (authorized training course MS 20339)35 hours
About This Course This five-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot your SharePoint environment.
Advanced Technologies of SharePoint 2016 (20339-2AC)35 hours
About This Course This five-day course will teach you how to plan, configure, and manage the advanced features in a SharePoint 2016 environment. The special areas of focus for this course include implementing high availability, disaster recovery,
MS-100T01-A: Office 365 Management14 hours
Learn about Office 365 Management, including key components of Office 365, how to move an organization to Office 365, how to configure Office 365, and how to manage Office 365 ProPlus deployments. Audience profile This course is designed for
AZ-104T00-A: Microsoft Azure Administrator28 hours
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, secure identities, administer the infrastructure, configure virtual networking, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement storage solutions,
AZ-500T00-A: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies28 hours
This course provides IT Security Professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to implement security controls, maintain an organization’s security posture, and identify and remediate security vulnerabilities. This course includes security
Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (authorized training course DP 900)7 hours
About This Course In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of database concepts in a cloud environment, get basic skilling in cloud data services, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure.