After Completing the course candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Business
Continuity Management principles and techniques.
Key areas are:
- The function of and the need for Business Continuity Management within an organization
- The Business Continuity Management life cycle
- The main components of a Business Continuity Management programme
- The need for risk assessment within Business Continuity Management
- The options for development of a Business Continuity Management strategy
- How to prepare and develop plans for Business Continuity Management response
- The need for exercising, maintenance, and review of plans
- The need for embedding Business Continuity Management awareness within the organization
Work experience in an IT or IT-related role
Basics of Information Security
Basics of Risk management
The pace of training delivery.
Ian McInally - KnowledgePool
the exercises and group discussions.
The trainer was very knowledgeable and was happy to go at the pace of the attendees. He was polite and respectful to all those in attendance. I felt I learnt a lot from the course as the trainer was very succinct in his delivery when going through the PP slides. A really good, worth while course from my personal point of view.
Julie Price - KnowledgePool
The environment was really relaxed and open so everyone could ask questions or put across points of view or experience. David the trainer was a SME on the subject and his style was very good.
The second day, scenarios exercises.
Christina Hutchings - KnowledgePool
I liked the trainer's introduction and anecdotes to make the learning more real
David's in depth knowledge. His relationship building skills with the audience. I really enjoyed the way he managed to make us (as a collective audience) enjoy the quite dry and uninteresing subject matter. He had anecdotes and knowledge of specific examples of security failings - hacker attacks - BCP 'breakdowns' etc which put flesh on the bones to the piece of legislation or 'best practice' for BCP that he was trying to teach us about. A really engaging, down to earth and personable man: A very good listener and a fabulous, charismatic trainer.