Session 1: Business Overview of Why IoT is So Important
- Case Studies from Nest, CISCO and top industries
- IoT rate in North American & how they are aligning their future business model and operation around IoT
- Broad Scale Application Area
- Smart Factory of 2020
- Industrial Internet
- Predictive and Preventative Maintenance of a Machine
- Tracking the utilization and productivity of the machine
- Energy and cost optimization of manufacturing plants
- Business Rule Generation for IoT
- 3 layered architecture of Big Data - Physical (Sensors), Communication, and Data Intelligence
Session 2: Introduction to IoT : All About Sensors
- Basic function and architecture of a sensor — sensor body, sensor mechanism, sensor calibration, sensor maintenance, cost and pricing structure, legacy and modern sensor network — all the basics about the sensors
- Development of sensor electronics — IoT vs legacy, and open source vs traditional PCB design style
- Development of sensor communication protocols — history to modern days. Legacy protocols like Modbus, relay, HART to modern day Zigbee, Zwave, X10,Bluetooth, ANT, etc.
- Business driver for sensor deployment — FDA/EPA regulation, fraud/tempering detection, supervision, quality control and process management
- Different Kind of Calibration Techniques — manual, automation, infield, primary and secondary calibration — and their implication in IoT
- Powering options for sensors — battery, solar, Witricity, Mobile and PoE
- Hands on training with single silicon and other sensors like temperature, pressure, vibration, magnetic field, power factor etc.
Demo : Logging data from a temperature sensor
Session 3: Fundamentals of M2M Communication : Sensor Network and Wireless Protocols
- What is a sensor network? What is ad-hoc network?
- Wireless vs. Wireline network
- WiFi- 802.11 families: N to S — application of standards and common vendors.
- Zigbee and Zwave — advantage of low power mesh networking. Long distance Zigbee. Introduction to different Zigbee chips.
- Bluetooth/BLE: Low power vs high power, speed of detection, class of BLE. Introduction of Bluetooth vendors & their review.
- Creating network with Wireless protocols such as Piconet by BLE
- Protocol stacks and packet structure for BLE and Zigbee
- Other long distance RF communication link
- LOS vs NLOS links
- Capacity and throughput calculation
- Application issues in wireless protocols — power consumption, reliability, PER, QoS, LOS
- Sensor networks for WAN deployment using LPWAN. Comparison of various emerging protocols such as LoRaWAN, NB-IoT etc.
- Hands on training with sensor network
Demo : Device control using BLE
Session 4: Review of Electronics Platform, Production and Cost Projections
- PCB vs FPGA vs ASIC design-how to take decision
- Prototyping electronics vs Production electronics
- QA certificate for IoT- CE/CSA/UL/IEC/RoHS/IP65: What are those and when needed?
- Basic introduction of multi-layer PCB design and its workflow
- Electronics reliability-basic concept of FIT and early mortality rate
- Environmental and reliability testing-basic concepts
- Basic Open source platforms: Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone, when needed?
Session 5: Hardware/Protocol Elements of IIOT for manufacturing
- State of the present art and review of existing technology in the market place
- PLC – architecture
- Cloud integration of PLC data
- Visualization of PLC data
- Digital Twin
- PLC protocols ( Modbus, Field bus, Profibus) and its integration with Cloud
- Concept of Industrial Gatway
Session 6: Introduction to Mobile App Platform for IoT
- Protocol stack of Mobile app for IoT
- Mobile to server integration –what are the factors to look out
- What are the intelligent layer that can be introduced at Mobile app level ?
- iBeacon in IoS
- Window Azure
- Amazon AWS-IoT
- Web Interfaces for Mobile Apps ( REST/WebSockets)
- IoT Application layer protocols (MQTT/CoAP)
- Security for IoT middleware- Keys, Token and random password generation for authentication of the gateway devices.
Demo : Mobile app for tracking IoT enabled trash cans
Session 7: Machine Learning for Intelligent IIoT
- Introduction to Machine learning
- Learning classification techniques
- Bayesian Prediction-preparing training file
- Support Vector Machine
- Predicting failure of the machines -vibrational analysis
- Current signature analysis
- Time series data and prediction
Demo : Using KNN Algorithm for regression analysis
Demo : SVM based classification for image and video analysis
Session 8: Analytic Engine for IIoT
- Insight analytic
- Visualization analytic
- Structured predictive analytic
- Unstructured predictive analytic
- Recommendation Engine
- Pattern detection
- Root cause discovery for electrical failures in factory
- Root cause of machine failure
- Logistic supply chain analysis for manufacturing
Session 9: Security in IoT Implementation
- Why security is absolutely essential for IoT
- Mechanism of security breach in IOT layer
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- Fundamental of network security
- Encryption and cryptography implementation for IoT data
- Security standard for available platform
- European legislation for security in IoT platform
- Secure booting
- Device authentication
- Firewalling and IPS
- Updates and patches
Session 10: Database Implementation for IoT Cloud
- SQL vs NoSQL-Which one is good for your IoT application
- Open sourced vs. Licensed Database
- Available M2M cloud platform
- Cassandra -Time Series Data
- Siemens MindSphere
- GE Predix
- IBM BlueMix
- AWS IoT
Session 11: A few Common IIoT Systems for manufacturing
- Energy Optimization in Manufacturing
- Vibration analysis to build predictive maintenance
- Power Quality analysis to build Preventative maintenance
- Recommendation system for logistic supply chain
- IIoT system for Industrial Safety
- IIoT system asset identification
- IIoT system for Utilities in Manufacturing plants ( Chiller, Aircompressor, HVAC)
Demo : Retail, Transportation & Logistics Use case for IoT
Session 12: Big Data for IoT
- 4V- Volume, velocity, variety and veracity of Big Data
- Why Big Data is important in IoT
- Big Data vs legacy data in IoT
- Hadoop for IoT-when and why?
- Storage technique for image, Geospatial and video data
- Distributed database- Cassandra as example
- Parallel computing basics for IoT
- Micro services Architecture
Demo : Apache Spark
Basic knowledge of business operation, devices, electronics systems and data systems
Basic understanding of software and systems
Basic understanding of Statistics (in Excel levels)
Exposure to IoT was an opener.
Goleba, Water Utilities Botswana
The training was relevant to my needs and I would be able to apply the lessons learnt to meet my challenging needs
Botshabelo Jason - Goleba, Water Utilities Botswana
He had a very good manner,
James Gordon - Argent Energy
I liked the exercises
Rehrig Pacific COmpany
Case studies related IoT.
University of the Western Cape
How friendly the trainer was. The flexibility and answering my questions.
Saed El-kayed - International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The trainer was very knowledgeable, and the discussion very interesting.
Deep knowledge and experience of the subject
Practical examples and wider context given.
James - Jahedul Chowdhury , Mitsubishi Electric R&D Centre Europe BV (MERCE-UK)
hands on exercise
Jahedul Chowdhury , Mitsubishi Electric R&D Centre Europe BV (MERCE-UK)
The practical part and the side explanations that trainer provided in order for us to understand better the topics and how can be applied for use cases we were interested in
Continental Automotive Romania SRL
I enjoyed the relaxed mood. Also there was a very good balance between theoretical presentation and practical side.
Calin Berariu - Continental Automotive Romania SRL
Exercises and practical applications
Doru Marian Aldea Ungurean - Continental Automotive Romania SRL
The exercises , examples and practical application
Doru Marian Aldea ungurean - Continental Automotive Romania SRL
The practical part, I was able to perform exercises and to test the Microsoft Azure features
Alex Bela - Continental Automotive Romania SRL
The real life examples Ron gave.
Ron was very mindful of his audience and addressed everyone's questions. He checked his audience for clarity and was willing to spend the time to review a topic until everyone understood the topic. He gauged the audience for energy levels and suggested a break when he saw that the energy from the group was waning. This was much appreciated.
Very knowledgeable trainer, was able to adjust to audience knowledge, excellent industry experience and ability to relate to audience needs Excellent content preparation , tailored to needs discussed beforehand. Good supplement reading materials prepared by trainer
Oliver Steinig - Bosch
relevance of content to our I4.0 business environment
Ron's experience on how to successfully implement IoT projects and the deep technical subjects covered.
His deep knowledge of the IoT topic.
Level of expertise from the trainer Use case examples
Pierre Maillot - Bosch
Ann is very knowledgeable on the subject. She is constantly varying pace according to the feedback. There is a lot of room for discussing attendee's own experiences. It was a great joy !.
Sjoerd Hulzinga - KPN p/a Bloomville
getting knowledge about AWS account good practice and setup for a cloud connection good structure and summery in the evening
- dormakaba Schweiz AG
Well prepared exercises, hands-on experience
- dormakaba Schweiz AG
It is one on one. I can ask a lot of question and also ask the trainner to repeat when I was not clear about some stuff.