Introduction to Strategic Thinking
Key Business Areas that Managers Must Master
- Culture and innovation
- Self-assessment exercise
- The collaboration mindset
- Identifying the company's strategic and operational alignment
- The role of the manager in strategy and operations
- Understanding the numbers
- Finance's role in extending the company's influence, competitiveness and survival
- Communicating across functions, departments, regions and language
- Presentation skills
- Identifying and responding to demand and market shifts
- How technology changes the game
Culture and Innovation
- An organization's personality
- A growth and learning mindset
Strategic Decision Making
- Anticipating problems
- Obtaining and interpreting information
- Placing challenges and opportunities within strategic context
- Discussion, decision and feedback
- Mentorship and ongoing training
- Seeing the future and using it to your advantage
Summary and Conclusion
- An understanding of business.
- Desire to learn and improve strategic thinking skills.
- Junior to mid-level managers
- This course is geared towards business development and strategy teams
I liked the alistair's knowledge and presentation style.
Concepts are shown in such a way that they can be applied in real life scenarios. Due to the size of the class, the discussion was a bit more informal which resulted in a more fee-flowing and open discussion.
Very practical. Trainer was very flexible in ensuring we meet our needs.
Great economic knowledge of the trainer and real-life examples
Anna Matuszewska - NetworkedAssets Sp. z o.o.
Knowledge and how to conduct training. This training was based on the trainer's experience
Marcin Tomków - NetworkedAssets Sp. z o.o.
Extensive practical knowledge, which contributed to the fact that the training was not dry.