- What is Android?
- Application development environment configurations.
- The toolkit for writing applications - Android SDK
- Java and Android
Building an application
- Creating and launching your first application
- Overview of Android Studio
- Apk file
- Installing the application
- Java code and resources
- Gradle build system
- versionName and versionCode
- Building application variants
- debug and release
- types of resources
- directory structure
- resource qualifiers
- R class
- What is an Activity?
- Creating and running an Activity
- Activity lifecycle
- Activity Stack
Content provider basics
- Downloading content using a Content Provider
UI design basics
- layouts - types and creation
- embedded elements: buttons, text boxes, etc.
- View class
- connection between View and Activity
- ListView and RecyclerView
Styles and themes
- creating and configuring styles
Processes and threads in Android
- ui thread
UI advanced views
- uses of broadcast receivers
- What is REST and JSON?
- communication with a REST server
- Google Play
- Crashlytics and error reporting
Trainer knowledge and easiness with which he presented it.
Piotr - Wojciech Rudziński, DPDgroup IT Solutions sp. z o.o.
dobre przygotowanie i wiedza trenera + zaangazowanie
lukasz - Wojciech Rudziński, DPDgroup IT Solutions sp. z o.o.
Wojciech Rudziński, DPDgroup IT Solutions sp. z o.o.
Antonio gave is much background information, best practices and showed us useful tools to speed up our development process.
The set of lab material seems really good. It's a great resource to keep after the training.
Clear and repeated emphasis on important aspects of Android development
Instructor's great knowledge about the material.
Lectures (David is very knowledgeable on Android)
Johnny Miller - FedEx
The lecture book and lab
Knowledge of trainer
Training materials, Exercise's & Trainer
The detail given about each topic was really nice, he made sure we understood each topic before moving to the next.
Richie Wood - FedEx
breaking down the multiple services, actions, devices, etc into the component parts.
Delaine Stoutenburgh - FedEx
I like the teaching style very friendly and informative on the subject.
Detail level and number of labs
I really appreciated the instructor's openness to questions and the thorough, justified answers provided. He was clearly keenly interested in the subject and as a result the course was much more enjoyable.
SAA Consultants LTD
Exercises were fun and it was good to see how quickly an application can be developed in Android Studio.