Stress & Its Causes
- There are two types of stress: distress (bad stress that causes negative feelings and dis-ease) and eustress (good stress that causes positive feelings and motivation).
- Discussing about the stresses that the participants face.
- Discussing about burn-out and how it is different from stress (which is more permanent and pervasive).
Impacts of Stress
- Discussing about the chemicals involved and the natural peaks in the day.
- Understanding how the different chemicals trigger fight or flight responses, create short term thinking (not good for problem solving that the stressful situations require) and how they keep the parasympathetic system (crucial for good health, e.g. needed to digest food and store memories) switched off.
Reducing Stress, Routines & Plans
- Studying the well documented benefits of mindfulness (aware of how you are feeling, what you are thinking, and where your attention is) physical exercise, morning routines, meditation, belief remapping, and energy techniques (e.g. tapping or visualizing the feeling and moving it).
- We then make a plan of a feasible morning routine. It can be built upon and an ‘emergency’ go to technique in case overwhelm, panic, or stress strikes.
Reflection & Action Planning
- You reflect on what you wish to gain from today (which you looked at in the beginning of the course).
- You advize yourself on the one to three things that you aim to do differently in order to get back to work, and how you will get back on track in case you forget.
- Willingness to share feelings in a group situation.
- People who work in highly changing and fast moving environments where competing priorities, vague goals and moving targets are common.
- People who often experience any of the following: headaches, stomach ache, worry, fear, imposter syndrome, lethargy, overwhelm, and unsettled relationships.
The host's openness, sense of humor, approach and knowledge
Justyna - e-file
Course - Mindfulness Workshop
It was a useful experience from both a professional and personal point of view. The trainer was very knowledgeable and gave us important information to use in the workplace, but also in private life. I was able to reflect on my own character traits and those of the people around me and through them, benefit or improve myself. The stress management exercises were simple and helpful to apply.
Sara Sertori - ASSTRA Forwarding AG
Course - Stress Management and Prevention
Would like to thank Trainer Abhi for this fruitful training. Appreciate him trying to get to know all the attendees so he can better cater the training to our needs. Love how there was a balance of theory and activities that keep us engaged. And how contents were straight to the point and concise.
Rainey Clarecia - Talentvis
Course - Communicating and Influencing - For Managers and Team Leaders
Due to the activities from each content, I understood their main ideas/ concepts very well within a short time. I would like to say that the activity reflects on not only our current situation but also how to advance the skill & knowledge effectively and efficiently.
Ei Ei - Ooredoo Myanmar
Course - Leadership 101
discussing topics using specific examples related to our company
Agnieszka - Ejmedical sp. z o. o.
Course - DZM – delegowanie zadań i motywowanie pracowników